Thursday, January 01, 2009

Mmmm. January 1. Start of a new year. Start of a new...
Let's see if I can set the bar for the year to follow.

Music: Several items but, one most important; I'd like to put together a collection of recordings of all of the songs I wrote or was involved in writing. And by recordings, I mean I will record them anew, the way I want them to be played.
Next, I'd like to record new songs. I've got about 10 ideas pretty much worked out, I need to record them to be able to hear what's happening and finish the construction.
Last but, not least, I'd like to put together some form of a band and maybe play a few gigs. I'd like the performances to be concise and polished. I'm into this idea of playing live, non-stop, no banter between songs. Usually something stupid comes out and it just detracts from the music. This playing out live is the least definite of music portion of my goals.

Cycling: First and foremost, I really want to get back in shape. I've totally let myself go over the past year and it doesn't feel good. This feeling impacts every aspect of my life. Makes it a struggle to do anything. I've set a goal of completing a century in April. Not necessarily an organized century as I know enough routes throughout the area that it wouldn't be hard to clock in 100 miles. It's a tight time span but, I believe I must push myself otherwise, I'll easily get distracted and diverted. I leave the specific date open in April, just because you never now what the weather will bring and I'll play that by ear.


Let's leave it at that for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home